Who We Are
Foxfire Scientific, Inc. is a veteran-owned small business dedicated to providing clients with comprehensive environmental and operational health physics, medical physics and radiation protection engineering solutions of the highest quality. Foxfire Scientific, Inc. has enjoyed consistent growth since its incorporation in 1999 on a framework of specialized, senior-level health physics services. With offices in Houston, Arlington, Austin, and College Station, Texas, USA, and Manchester, UK, we conduct business both in the United States and abroad.
Partnering in Your Solutions
We approach each of your challenges as a partner in your business or operation. We have a vested interest in ensuring that the solutions we craft for you are effective, long-term and add value to your enterprise.
To each project, we bring a staff of highly qualified scientists and engineers with backgrounds in the military, federal government, industry, and academia. Our professionals offer over 180 years of nuclear industry experience with both MS and PhD educational backgrounds and a broad array of professional certifications and licensure (including CHP and PE). With our highly qualified staff, technical reviewers, board certified professionals, and teaming partners, Foxfire Scientific has the depth of resources necessary to meet any of your needs across the health physics, medical physics and radiation protection engineering disciplines that we serve.
Our goal is to provide the most complete, technically accurate and competent solution to our client”s needs, while maintaining a cost-conscious approach to project management that guarantees each client gets the most out of their investment — that is our idea of value. We believe in fostering excellent client-consultant relationships, and thus strive to exceed client expectations in every way possible. We provide this essential, cost effective project and task-specific support with our experienced, professional staff and cadre of nationally/internationally renowned teaming partners, all well-recognized scientists and engineers in their respective disciplines.
Our staff of professionals don’t stop working when Foxfire’s work is done for the day. On evenings and weekends, you will find us out in the community, at the local schools, or working with our cities and states to make life better for our fellow residents and communities.
Just a few of the places we’ve been seen outside of Foxfire Scientific
- Crime Stoppers Re-enactor for Brazos County Sheriff’s Office
- Faith-based Pre-marital trainer
- Motivational speaking engagements
- Trainer for Volunteer Fire Department
- Founding of Texas Laser Advisory Group
- Scientific Chair to the BRI-Institutional Review Board
- Board of Trustee’s Roy G. Post Scholarship Foundation
- Program Advisory Committee (PAC) for Waste Management Conference
- International Program Advisory Committee (IPAC) for Waste Management Conference
- Planning Committee for ICEM09 Conference, Liverpool Oct. 2009
- President, Coach and Referee for Local Soccer Association
- United Way Volunteers and Board Members
- Members of state advisory board
- Member of Metropolitan Medical Response System, Nuclear/Radiological Committee
- Member of Interstate Compact Commission
- Youth sports coaches (soccer, baseball, volleyball, football), 1994-present
- Member of Childrens’ Development Centers Board of Directors
- Participate yearly in the construction of a home for a disadvantaged family through Habitat for Humanity
- Help raise thousands of dollars yearly for battered women’s shelters and unwed mother’s shelters, including the Allied Women’s Shelter and the Guadalupe Home in San Antonio , Texas
- Actively coaching in local girls recreational volleyball league
- Fall products coordinator for local Girl Scouts of America council consisting of 28 troops at various age levels.