ABOUT OUR PHYSICS PROFESSIONALS
Everyone who works for Foxfire Scientific, Inc. was handpicked for their personal character and technical acumen, as well as their ability to work as part of the Foxfire team. As you read, you will see that Foxfire Scientific, Inc. is multifaceted, with capabilities and experience in everything from MCNP modeling to environmental remediation-project management, industrial hygiene to laser safety program oversight, and clinical medical physics to radiation protection engineering/shielding design. In addition to these areas of practical expertise, we specialize in radiation safety education and training, including emergency response and domestic preparedness.
Matthew Arno, Ph.D., COO,
Vice-President, Owner, Principal Health Physicist, COO
- Ph.D., Health Physics, Texas A&M University, 2002
- M.S., Nuclear Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1994
- B.S., Nuclear Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1994
- Certified Health Physicist
- Professional Engineer, State of Texas license #94411
- Vice-President & Principal Health Physicist, Foxfire Scientific, Inc., January 2001 – present
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Texas A&M Univ., Dept. of Nuclear Engineering, December 2002 – June 2004
- Graduate Teaching/Research Asst., Texas A&M Univ., Dept. of Nuclear Engineering, September 1999 – December 2002
- Nuclear Safety Analysis Engineer, United States Enrichment Corporation, Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, September 1994 – August 1999
- American Nuclear Society
- Health Physics Society
- Awards and Appointments
- Health Physics Society Robert S. Landauer Fellow
- Department of Energy Office of Civilian Radioactive Waste Management Fellow
- Eagle Scout
Publications and Presentations
- Arno MG. Radiation Protection. In: Kok KD, ed. Nuclear Engineering Handbook. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press; 2009: 609-640.
- Arno MG, Arno JK, Berry RO Halter DA, Hamilton IS, Radiological Characterization of a Copper/Cobalt Mining & Milling Site. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management. Liverpool, England, October, 2009.
- Hamilton IS, Berry RO, Arno MG, Fruchtnicht EH, Radiological Assessment of Petroleum Pipe Scale Waste Streams from Dry-Rattling Operations. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management. Liverpool, England, October, 2009.
- Hamilton IS, Halter DA, Arno MG, Berry RO, Characterization of NORM Sources in Petroleum Coke Calcining Processes. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management. Liverpool, England, October, 2009.
- Berry RO, Cezeaux JR, Hamilton IS, Arno MG, An Overview of a Radiological Assessment from Oil Filed Pipe Cleaning Operations, Waste Management 2006 paper.
- Arno MG, Kercher J, Cederwall R, Loosmore G. Extension of NCRP 129 to Short-lived Radionuclides. Health Phys 87(2):136-150. 2004
- Hamilton IS, Arno MG, Rock JC, Berry RO, Poston JW, Cezeaux JR, Park JM. Radiological assessment of petroleum pipe scale and pipe rattling operations. Health Phys 87(4):382-396. 2004.
- Arno MG, Hamilton IS. Radiation Streaming and Skyshine Evaluation for a Proposed Low-level Radioactive Waste Assured Isolation Facility. Health Phys 85(4):494-499. 2003
- “Dose and Fluence Analysis of a Dense Plasma Focus Facility at Texas A&M University,” presented at the 2001 American Radiation Safety Conference and Exposition (Health Physics Society Annual Meeting)
- Treasurer, North Texas Chapter of the Health Physics Society