Foxfire Scientific History
Through the years, Foxfire Scientific, Inc. and our staff have been fortunate to have been honored with various awards and recognition. The following is a selected list of our accomplishments:
FOXFIRE SCIENTIFIC, INC. NAMED 2007 AGGIE 100 HONOREE
COLLEGE STATION, TX.
(Friday, October 26, 2007) – Foxfire Scientific, Inc. of College Station is among the firms selected for the 3rd annual “Aggie 100” list of the fastest-growing companies owned and operated by Texas A&M University (TAMU) former students. The program is sponsored by Mays Business School’s Center for New Ventures and Entrepreneurship. Foxfire Scientific was recognized as number 27 on the list.
ABOUT THE AGGIE 100.
The Aggie 100 program, one-of-a-kind at the college level, was created by Mays Business School’s Center for New Ventures and Entrepreneurship, whose mission is to provide encouragement, education, networking and assistance to entrepreneurially minded students, faculty and Texas businesses. Aggie 100 is a unique way for Texas A&M University to demonstrate its pride in the accomplishments of its former students while enriching the educational experience for today’s students.
While there are many ways to define business success, the Aggie 100 focuses on growth as an indicator of job creation, product acceptance, and entrepreneurial vision. The Aggie 100 program identifies, recognizes and celebrates the 100 fastest growing Aggie-owned or Aggie-led businesses in the world.
”Texas A&M is proud of making the Aggie 100 an annual event to celebrate Aggies who have gone on to create businesses that are thriving not only in the U.S., but also around the world,” says Richard Scruggs, executive director of the Mays Business School’s Center for New Ventures and Entrepreneurship.
Other awards that our staff have received are as a follows:
- Health Physics Society Robert S. Landauer Fellow
- Army Commendation Medal, Saudi Arabian Freedom Medal, Liberation of Kuwait Medal, for services rendered during and shortly after Operation Desert Storm, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia , 1991
- Department of Energy Office of Civilian Radioactive Waste Management Fellow
- WM Symposia, Inc. Best Poster-Paper Award, 2004 – An Overview of a Radiological Assessment from Oil Field Pipe Cleaning Operations
- Texas Engineering Experiment Station Texas A&M College of Engineering Safety Award 2003
- Best Poster Award: Waste Management Conference 2005
- Health Physics Society Fellowship Recipient
WHAT DO WE DO
Whether your particular need is for a small-scale survey, or a team skilled in designing and implementing an operational radiation safety or environmental monitoring program, Foxfire Scientific can be your “one-stop shop.” We can take the lead on a contractual or subcontracted project at any stage of its development or execution. We serve a clientele with diverse backgrounds – from sole entrepreneurs, to government agencies, and large corporations. In short, we can provide expertise and teaming opportunities in:
- Health physics and radiation protection
- Medical Physics
- Training and education
- Environmental assessment
- Radioactive and mixed waste management
- Risk assessment and communication
- Litigation support
The following list is a sampling of our loyal clients:
- Army Corp of Engineers
- Apollo Environmental Strategies, Inc.
- Brown & Caldwell, Inc.
- Browning Ferris Industries
- Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P.
- Mineral extraction companies
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities
- Power & training reactors
- Rio Grande Resources
- SRK, Inc.
- Southwest Research Institute
- State of Nevada
- United States Department of Labor (DOL)